Code Of Ethics
Code of Ethics
If you hire me to inspect your new home, I will give you my best effort and will abide by the following standards:
- I will be fair, honest and impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with you.
- I will always act in your interests unless doing so violates a law, statute, or this Code of Ethics.
- I will not:
- have any disclosed or undisclosed conflict of interest with you;
- accept or offer any disclosed or undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits, or other benefits from or to real estate agents, brokers, or any third parties having financial interest in the sale of the property; or
- offer or provide any disclosed or undisclosed financial compensation directly or indirectly to any real estate agent, real estate broker, or real estate company for referrals or for inclusion on lists of preferred and/or affiliated inspectors or inspection companies.
- I will not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of your age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or handicap.
- I will be truthful regarding my services and qualifications.
- I will not release any information about the inspection or about you to a third party unless doing so is necessary to protect the safety of others, to comply with a law or statute, or both of the following conditions are met:
- you have been made explicitly aware of what information will be released, to whom, and for what purpose, and;
- you have provided explicit, prior written consent for the release of your information.
- I will use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of services, and fees.
- I will comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where I conduct business.
- I will not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or associated services to the structure for which I prepared a home inspection report for a period of 12 months. This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems that are not included in the InterNACHI® Standards of Practice.
- I will not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
The above are based on InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics.
Certified Professional Inspector